Barclays is committed to keeping your information private. By ‘your information’ we mean any information about you that you or third parties provide to us. This policy relates to the privacy of your information at www.barclayslifeskills.com. LifeSkills is an education programme for young people created, and led by Barclays. The Barclays Group’s Privacy Principles below explain how we will handle your information.
1. Information we collect
When completing any online forms, we will tell you how your information will be used and any associated terms and conditions.
2. How we use your information
The LifeSkills programme will use your information to inform you by letter, telephone, text (or similar) messages, email and other electronic methods about the LifeSkills programme, products or services that may be of interest to you. You may tell us at any time if you don't want to receive marketing communications about the LifeSkills programme by sending your full name and address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may also use your information for research and statistical analysis with the aim of improving our services.
We may pass your information collected online to people who provide a service to us or are acting as our agents, on the understanding that they will keep the information confidential. If we transfer your information to an agent or service provider located in another country, we will make sure that they agree to apply the same levels of protection as we are required to apply to your information and to use your information strictly in accordance with our instructions.
We will retain information collected about you online for as long as permitted for legitimate business purposes.
For information about cookies and how they are used on this website, visit our cookies page.
To find out about how we will keep your information secure and how you can protect your own information online, visit our cookies page.
Barclays privacy principles
Barclays is committed to safeguarding the privacy of your information. By 'your information' we mean any information about you that you or third parties provide to us.
- We will only collect and use your information where we have lawful grounds and legitimate business reasons to do so
- We will be transparent in our dealings with you and will tell you about how we will collect and use your information
- If we have collected your information for a particular purpose we will not use it for anything else unless you have been informed and, where relevant, your permission obtained
- We will not ask for more information than we need for the purposes for which we are collecting it
- We will update our records when you inform us that your details have changed
- We will continue to review and assess the quality of our information
- We will implement and adhere to information retention policies relating to your information and will ensure that your information is securely disposed of at the end of the appropriate retention period
- We will observe the rights granted to you under applicable privacy and data protection laws and will ensure that queries relating to privacy issues are promptly and transparently dealt with
- We will train our staff on their privacy obligations
- We will ensure we have appropriate physical and technological security measures to protect your information regardless of where it is held
- We will ensure that when we outsource any processes we ensure the supplier has appropriate security measures in place and will contractually require them to comply with these Privacy Principles
- We will ensure that suitable safeguards are in place before personal information is transferred to other countries
- You are not required to provide any personal information on the public areas of this website. However, you may choose to do so by completing the forms on various pages of the site. We will only use the information you provide to us on these pages in order to process the relevant form. Please see the privacy wording on the relevant form for a more detailed explanation of how your information will be used
If you are a Barclays customer or already have a relationship with us you will have been advised by various methods as to how we collect and use your information.
If you have any questions about privacy at Barclays please contact the Barclays Privacy and Data Protection Team at 1 Churchill Place, London, E14 5HP.